Xoom is a leading digital money transfer provider that wanted to enable customers to quickly, easily, and securely send money via smartphone. Xoom relied on Usablenet to help create consistent experiences across all devices, whether mobile web or native app, and make them seamless to users.
Usablenet’s expertise transforms mobile experiences
Usablenet redeveloped Xoom’s mobile experiences in the following ways:
- Mobile Web – Streamlined the process for sending money and completing tasks on mobile. Features include Quick Send for repeat and rapid money transfers fees, currency exchange rates, login in overlay, and streamlined checkout/send.
- Mobile App – A new app was developed that included additional features to allow users to check the status of their transfers and to send money more quickly. The ability to send money via the app is powered in part by mobile web pages built by Usablenet.
- UI/UX – In an effort to streamline mobile, Usablenet supported Xoom’s mobile app by conducting several usability tests. Usablenet then designed the new mobile UI/UX.
- Performance – Xoom’s Send Money flow was moved onto Usablenet’s U-Experience platform, enhancing speed and performance of the mobile site and app.
- Consistency and Security via Web Services – Usablenet makes secure login available from the header banner on mobile, and uses third-party APIs to protect sensitive data, validate users, and ensure secure login.
Enabling mobile to become the dominant channel
Within two years of launch, the mobile site accounted for nearly 40% of Xoom’s online transactions. Later UX improvements boosted this number to 50%. Today, Xoom’s continued mobile enhancements and dedication to customer security have allowed it to surpass 1.5 million active users, with 67% coming from mobile.